The Finnish NGDO platform to the European Union – Kehys – has set up a special EU 2009 elections web page.
A series of activities are planned, with the aim of:
- Asking candidate MEPs to sign a charter for a globally more equal European Union;
- Informing about the “10 Days 4 Development” campaign via its newsletter and its contact list;
- Organizing happenings with candidate MEPs running for the European elections .
12 May: Panel on immigration: Candidates with immigrant background discuss about EU´s immigration policy. Co-organised with The Refugee Advice Center & Multicultural Association Familia Club.
14 May: Press release on the launch of the report Aid Watch. Coverage from Demari newspaper and STT press agency.
15 May: Panel on EU’s global future. Young candidates discuss about EU´s future and role as a global actor. Mr. Alexander Stubb who was a member of the European Parliament will take the floor. Co-organised with REC.
8-18 May: Collect of candidates’ signatures to the commitment for more globally just proposed by the Finnish national association. 72 Finnish candidates have signed the commitment.
23 – 24 May: World Village Festival,Kaisaniemi Park – Helsinki: The main topic of the 2009 festival is climate. Program includes performances, art installations and special climate theme village. Factual program offers speakers, panel discussions and literature.
- Kehys hosts a panel for candidates in co-ordination with DEMO (Political Parties of Finland for Democracy).
- Football tournament with players consisting of candidates and activists.
- Information Stand about EU and Development for festival visitors during the festival weekend.
25 May: Panel: Health & Social Rights. Co-organised with The Family Federation.
For more information, contact the national platform:
Kehys: Töölöntorinkatu 2 B, 00260 Helsinki – Tel. + 358 9 2315 0560. – Website : www.kehys.fi